These are my new go-to recipe. They are soft and chewy–and vegan! It isn’t always so easy to get those three descriptors to coincide in a cookie. The banana, standing in for eggs, adds a little extra hint of flavor too.
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ a banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Splash of almond milk (if needed)
- ½ – ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat oil, sugar, banana and vanilla together.
- Add dry ingedients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt) and mix well.
- If the dough is too dry and is not coming together, add a splash of almond milk. The consistency will be quite squishy and very oily.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Mold into 1 – 1 ½” round balls and space them evenly on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350° F for 8-9 minutes.
This makes about 20 cookies.